Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Queensland Part III

For some reason, Queensland doesn't participate in daylight savings. We set our watches accordingly when we arrived, but our cell phones didn't switch over automatically like they typically do. On our first night, we set the alarm clocks on our cell phones so we'd be able to get up bright and early to be at the pool the next morning for the first underwater hockey game. Let me also say it was late, and we had just had a few adult beverages at the surf club next door. With that in mind...we miscalculated the setting of the alarm clocks and the alarms ended up going off at 4AM instead of the intended 6AM. This wouldn't have been terrible, had we noticed this small fact before we showered and got ready! Everyone else decided to go back to bed, but I stayed up and walked down to the beach. I'm glad I did, because I was rewarded with a beautiful morning.
I love you Mom & Dad, but it's things like this that make me not want to come home!



Burleigh Head National Park was right next to where we stayed. One of the walking trails in the park ran just above the rocks and beach. It was incredibly beautiful there, definitely a path I wouldn't mind walking on every day.
Inside the park:

Surfer's Paradise in the distance:

No comments:

Post a Comment