Monday, March 2, 2009

World's Best 5k

Having been a runner for more than 10 years, I have experienced all types of 5k journeys, covering trails, streets, treadmills, tracks and more. Some of these I've loved, others loathed. At times, I've ran 7 minute miles. Other days I've dragged and cursed under my breath for the duration of the distance. Suffice it to say, I have had all kinds of experiences with 5k, but none quite like the walk I went on last week.
Sydney is known for its beautiful beaches, and rightfully so. A great way to experience the Southern beaches is to walk from Coogee to Bondi. Here's the start of my walk, at Coogee. Please take note of the ocean pool at the bottom left of the first photo...such a cool idea!:



Dolphin Point:

Gordon's Bay:

Waverley Cemetery, on a cliff overlooking the ocean:
Bronte, home to some pretty fierce breakers:


Amazing!

Bondi, Sydney's most famous beach and the site of the beach volleyball competition during the Sydney Olympics:

Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment