Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hunter Valley

I recently went to the Hunter Valley to check out a winery and the Hunter Valley Gardens. The Hunter Valley area is huge, spanning over 9,000 miles. There are more than 120 wineries here. I went to a wine tasting at Lindemans, which was quite informative and fun. In addition to the wines sold exclusively in Australia, they export over 150 million bottles of wine per year. That's a lot of grapes!
From there I headed on to the Hunter Valley Gardens, which is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. There are more than 60 acres of gardens, including an incredible rose garden with more than 8,000 roses, and my favorite, the storybook garden.
Vineyards at Lindemans:
The rose garden...absolutely beautiful.
A cute little topiary bear in the storybook garden:
Me with Alice & co.:
Oriental gardens:

No comments:

Post a Comment